RUINS OF DOOM is an Old-School Renaissance fantasy dungeon crawler playset for the PARAGON system from the AGON roleplaying game. A copy of AGON is required to play. For more on the PARAGON system, including how to publish your own playsets, visit AGON-RPG.com.
Ruins of Doom is an OSR fantasy dungeon crawler, inspired by Darkest Dungeon and Torchbearer - that means you can expect a
game full of brutality, with a very high mortality rate. It’s a
low-magic fantasy game with a lot of random tables, dungeon crawling,
dangerous enemies, and deadly traps.
If you want to play a game like that
but with narrative mechanics supporting high players agency and
modern conflict resolution… this playset is for you.
Are you and your friends brave
enough to delve into the deeper ruins of the underworld? Can the
dungeoneers survive their journey? Will someone collect a Doom’s
Shard, defeating the Eldritch Horrors?
If you dare… good luck.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THE GAME
- The simplicity of a MODERN NARRATIVE GAME, like AGON rpg
- The OSR GAME STYLE - rulings not rules
- A FREE-FORM MAGIC system
- Short-terms, Long-terms, and Permanent character's conditions
- LOW PREP. GAME - includes a full guide to create an adventure and a dungeon full of traps, enemies, and treasures
- A Bestiary with 20 different creatures
- 10 tables to generate random contents
- A standard pdf character sheet or a simplified character sheet for online play.
If you want a printed version, it's available on Amazon:
- Number of players: 3-6
- Age of players: 13+
- Length: 2-4 hours per session
- Page Count: 40